Process of ESI Registration
There are generally no compulsory registrations required to be taken by the Sole Proprietor. However, following voluntary registrations may be taken if the owner wishes to expand the business:
Visit FSSAI Website and fill Form A.
After filling of the Form, the prescribed government fee needs to be paid.
When the payment is reflected in FSSAI Account, Form B needs to be filed with the government. The application is accompanied with declarations and board resolution.
Regular follow-up with the Government department for an update on the application needs to be made after its submission. Response needs to be submitted within 15 days of receipt if the application has been sent back by the department, or it will be rejected.
After satisfaction, the certificate of registration is issued by the department.
Copy of Purchase Deed
Copy of Purchase Deed (in case of owned property); Copy of Rent Agreement (in case of Rented Property)
Food Safety Management System Plan/Certificate
Food Safety Management System Plan/Certificate
Copy of Utility Bill
Copy of Utility Bill (Electricity/Telephone Bill of the Premises)
Copy of Aadhaar Card
Copy of Aadhaar Card/Voter ID Card of Proprietor/Partners/Directors
Nomination Form of Persons by Company along with copy of Board Resolution
Additional documents required by manufacturer:
- Blueprint/layout plan of the processing unit.
- List of equipment and machinery.
- List of food category desired to be manufactured.
- Pesticide residues report of water.
PAN of the deductor
PAN of the deductee.
Amount of taxes paid to the government.
Passport size photograph of the director(s)
- Who should get this registration?
FSSAI registration is required for everyone starting food business. It is required for all petty food business operator.
- Why should you get this registration?
FSSAI Registration offers numerous benefits. It is a legal mandate for all kinds of food businesses and if they are caught operating the food business without FSSAI licence, heavy penalties are attracted.
How StartUp Movers can help you?
HOW STARTUP MOVERS CAN HELP YOU?
- Eligibility Checking.
- Filing Of Application.
- Payment Of Government Fee.
- Follow Up With Authorities.
- Obtaining License.
Frequently asked questions
FSSAI registration is required for everyone starting food business. It is required for all petty food business operator. Petty food business operator is any person or entity who:
- Manufactures or sells any article of food himself or petty retailer, hawker, itinerant vendor, juice stall, sweets shops or temporary stall holder;
- Hawker selling packaged or freshly prepared food by travelling on movable cart or foot from one location to other.
- Small scale or cottage or such other industries relating to food business or tiny food businesses with an annual turnover not exceeding Rs 12 lakhs and whose:
- Production capacity of food (other than milk and milk products and meat and meat products) does not exceed 100 kg/litre per day, or
- Procurement or handling and collection of milk is up to 500 litres of milk per day, or
- Slaughtering capacity is 2 large animals or 10 small animals or 50 poultry birds per day or less.
- FSSAI basic registration is required for small businesses which have annual turnover below INR 12 lakhs. This registration can be updated to license as the sales increase.
- FSSAI license is of two types- State FSSAI License and Central FSSAI License. The licensing authority changes basis the size and nature of business.
- State License is applicable to mid-sized companies which have annual turnover between INR 12-20 crores.
- Central License is applicable to large businesses with annual turnover above INR 20 crores. Apart from this, it is also required when the food products need to be supplied at government offices or imported/exported.
FSSAI license can be renewed 30 days before the expiry of original license. Form A and form B need to be re-filed for renewal of the application/license. It typically takes 30-40 days for renewal of the license. The government fee is the same for renewal as for new license issue.
All catering establishments, even those under central Government such as Railways, Airport, Seaport, and Defense etc. will have to get a license from FSSAI. In most cases, such establishments need to get a FSSAI central license.
Food Safety Officer (FSO) or Designated Officer (DO) of the area in which food business registration is sought.
This step is taken by government’s food licensing and registration system to ensure that food products undergo certain quality checks, thereby reducing the instances of adulteration, substandard products and improve accountability of manufacturers by issuing food service license.
FSSAI license is mandatory for both export and import of food products. FSSAI Central License needs to be applied for export unit.
Such a unit will need a Central License for the registered office of the company and individual state licenses for each manufacturing unit in particular states.
Draft, Credit Card, Online Banking.