MSME / UDYAM REGISTRATION
Advantages of Registration
Process of Registration
There is an online process for MSME registration.
Copy of Aadhaar Card
- In case of Proprietorship – Aadhar Card of Individual
- In case of Partnership Firm – Aadhar Card of Managing Partner
- In case of HUF – Aadhar Card of Karta
- In case of Company/LLP/Cooperative Society/Society/Trust – GSTIN and PAN of the organization and Aadhar Card of authorized Signatory
Mobile No & Email ID
Mobile No & Email ID
Bank Account details
Bank Account details & IFSC Code
Partnership deed/MOA & AOA
Note on business activity of the entity
Sales & Purchase bill
Copy of Sales & Purchase bill
No. of Employees
Details of No. of Employees.
Investment in Plant & Machinery
Details of Investment in Plant & Machinery
- Who should get this registered?
Any and every type of business enterprise from private limited company, public limited company, sole proprietorship, partnership firm to limited liability partnership, hindu undivided family, one-person company, co-operative society and association of persons can obtain MSME/Udyam Registration
Your organization may fall in one of the classification depending on the below criteria:
- Why should you get this registered?
MSME/Udyam Registration comes with numerous benefits and various relaxation to take away some burden from growing enterprises and all eligible enterprises should get themselves registered under MSME/Udyam.
- Re-Registration of Existing Enterprises
- All existing enterprises registered under EM–Part-II or UAM shall register again on the Udyam Registration portal on or after the 1st day of July, 2020 till 31st March, 2021
- All enterprises registered till 30th June, 2020, shall be re-classified in accordance with this notification.
- The existing enterprises registered prior to 30th June, 2020, shall continue to be valid only for a period up to the 31st day of March, 2021.
- Update of Information & Transition Period in Classification
- An enterprise having Udyam Registration Number shall update its information online in the Udyam Registration portal, including the details of the ITR and the GST Return for the previous financial year and such other additional information as may be required, on self-declaration basis.
- Failure to update the relevant information within the period specified in the online Udyam Registration portal will render the enterprise liable for suspension of its status.
- Based on the information furnished or gathered from Government’s sources including ITR or GST return, the classification of the enterprise will be updated and a communication will be sent to the enterprise about the change in status, if any.
How StartUp Movers can help you?
HOW STARTUP MOVERS CAN HELP YOU?
- Obtaining MSME Registration Certificate.
- Availment of various benefits provided to MSME.
Frequently asked questions
If enterprise involved both types of activities and if major work involves in Manufacturing and small portion of activity involves in Service Sector then the Major Activity Type can be selected as Manufacturing and if major work involves in Services and small portion of activity involves in Manufacturing then the Major Activity Type can be selected as Services.
At present Aadhaar Number is mandatory for registration under Udyam Memorandum. In the absence of Aadhaar Number, no other medium is specified for MSME Registration.
The name of the owner cannot be changed in Udyam but the Business name can be changed in Udyam. For this, Update Udyam tab needs to be visited on the Udyam Portal.
The businesses need to satisfy certain criteria for classifying as MSMEs to obtain MSME Registration. Following are the conditions that the enterprises need to know so as to classify as MSME and be eligible to obtain MSME / Udyam Registration:
- Exports of goods or services or both, shall be excluded while calculating the turnover.
- Information as regards turnover and exports turnover for an enterprise shall be linked to the Income Tax Act or the Central Goods and Services Act (CGST Act) and the GSTIN.
- The turnover related figures of such enterprise which do not have PAN will be considered on self-declaration basis for a period up to 31st March, 2021 and thereafter, PAN and GSTIN shall be mandatory
The NIC Code can be selected once the aadhaar number is validated and major activity (manufacturing or service) is selected. In order to simplify the selection of appropriate NIC Code, three-stage drop down list is available to the users.
Udyam is not considered as a valid document to be used as a legal document for getting a Pan Card. For getting a pan card for a company you have to get company registration first from MCA Authority and then you can apply for Pan Card in Name of the Company.
It may not be made obligatory for the closing unit to inform about it to the State/UT concerned or the UAM portal.
- As per the Income Tax Return (ITR) of the previous years filed under the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- In case of a new enterprise, where no prior ITR is available, the investment will be based on self-declaration of the promoter of the enterprise and such relaxation shall end after the 31st March of the financial year in which it files its first ITR.
- The purchase (invoice) value of a plant and machinery or equipment, whether purchased first hand or second hand, shall be taken into account excluding Goods and Services Tax (GST), on self-disclosure basis, if the enterprise is a new one without any ITR.
YES. Each technology startup by nature will have service being delivered in normal course or subscription basis or any other way. Being into service industry, the tech startup thereby will be eligible for MSME / Udyam as per the classification criteria.